Monday, November 2, 2009

Apparently, I'm a pansy

So over the weekend some friends and I went to the haunted house on 50 East behind the indoor practice field. I had never been to a haunted house before; I’m not quite sure what I was expecting it to be. Thinking back, I should have recognized that a haunted house would not be an ideal activity for me. I don’t really like scary movies; therefore, what possessed me to think that I would enjoy a haunted house which is essentially a live scary movie.

Anyways, we went to the haunted house and got split up into groups. Our group was suffering from the beginning because of the three of us two of us were haunted house virgins and the other one was almost too frightened to even enter the haunted house. The first room there was a gruesome looking corpse on the kitchen table and all kinds of gore. I thought, “Ok wow, that’s sick but not too bad.” Unfortunately, I was unaware that there were all kinds of people hidden throughout the haunted house and in that moment this freaky looking guy came out with a couple of butcher knives, screaming at the top of his lungs. I would like to report that I was the strong male force in the group, but I was not. That guy scared me to death and I just remembering thinking to myself, “This is going to be a long walk.”

The whole house was crawling with people and it seemed like I was jumping at every turn. I remember thinking afterwards, “Who likes these things?” After leaving the haunted house and talking with the girls in the group I had gone with, we came to the conclusion that apparently, I’m a pansy.

1 comment:

  1. Not that this will reassure you of your manhood, but I hate haunted houses, scary movies and even amusement parks. I make Bryan fast forward through scary parts in movies and he hates it.

    ReplyDelete